The Bridges Investment Fund is managed by Bridges Investment Management, Inc. located in Omaha, Nebraska. The Portfolio Manager is Edson (Ted) L. Bridges III, CFA. Mr. Bridges has been responsible for day-to-day management of the Fund’s portfolio since April 11, 1997, when he was elected President of the Fund.
The Fund is based on the following six key factors, which we term the Bridges Difference:
- Focused – Emphasis on identifying companies with competitive growth and profitability metrics and attractive long-term market valuations.
- Experienced – The portfolio manager has over 34 years of investment experience and has been managing the Fund for over 20 years.
- Independent – The portfolio manager is supported by a team of seasoned financial analysts who conduct independent fundamental research.
- Cost Efficient – The expense ratio is lower than the equity mutual fund universe average.* The Fund’s low portfolio turnover minimizes transaction expenses.
- Committed – The portfolio manager and other Fund officers invest their own money in the Fund.
- Proven – The Fund has a long track record of performance.
* The expense ratio is considered low based on a October 2017 study of the fee basis of all large cap growth mutual funds in the Morningstar database. The average fee of a mutual fund included in that study was 1.65%